Patterns and Templates
BTM 360™ Management Platform contains the following categories of patterns and templates in order to jump-start our customer's solution paths:
- Business Goals and Capability Assessments
- Business Value Advancement Roadmaps
- Business/Process/Technology Scenarios and Blueprints
- Value Matrix and Executive Dashboards
- Business Change and Program Management Processes
Usage of these patterns and templates is manipulated by changing data inputs and visual mappings that drive customer and solution-specific outputs. They are a set of encapsulated best-practice knowledge and reusable business logic that can accelerate customer-specific and problem specific solutions.
Examples of BTM Patterns and Templates include:
- Governance and Organization: Harmonizes and integrates the varied interests of all stakeholders within the entire enterprise.
- Strategic Investment Management: Establishes the demand for the human, financial, and capital resources required for each investment.
- Strategic Enterprise Architecture: Defines and describes both the organization’s business model and the technology environment necessary.
- Strategy and Planning: Establishes and provides for the ongoing testing and validation of the Business and Technology Strategy.
- Business Agility: Dramatically improves the ability to sense and respond to rapid changes in the environment - whether market, technological, competitive, or mission-related.
- Operational Excellence: Drives strategy execution by maximizing product and service quality while optimizing costs.
- Sustained Innovation: Enables a leading market position by driving the pace of change in products, services, distribution, and business support functions.
- Business Service Management: Enables an enterprise to standardize service offerings, improve quality control, reduce cost of delivery, and standardize discovery of and access to pre-existing services.
- Large Scale Program Management: Addresses this challenge by assuring the direct, continuing connection between the value to be delivered by the program and the program’s decision processes.
These are BTM's value creation methods to move an enterprise from its current state to a target future state. They set repeatable processes for transformative management practices and establish the agenda necessary to gain optimal financial return.
These patterns and templates are created using confirmed best practices, and are supported by ongoing research studies. Originally revealed in the BTM Convergence Index, this research series continues to identify the financial gains that result from implementing the respective steps of each roadmap. This series includes the Business Agility Index, Sustained Innovation Index, and Operational Excellence Index.